Alien Abductees and Black Helicopters: A Strange Connection

When, in 1975, cattle mutilations were reported across much of the United States, reports of UFO encounters were at their height. On top of that, those flying the mysterious helicopters were carefully watching that same UFO activity – and very carefully, too. Declassified U.S. Air Force files on the 1975 incidents make a very good case that a veritable UFO invasion was going on – an invasion which was primarily targeting military installations. An Air Force report of 1975, with the eye-catching title of “Suspicious Unknown Air Activity,” states: “Since 28 Oct 75 numerous reports of suspicious objects have been received at the NORAD CC. Reliable military personnel at Loring AFB Maine, Wurtsmith AFB, Michigan, Malmstrom AFB, MT, Minot AFB, ND, and Canadian forces station Falconbridge, Ontario Canada have visually sighted suspicious objects. Objects at Loring and Wurtsmith were characterized to be helicopters. Missile site personnel, security alert teams and air defense personnel at Malmstrom, Montana report an object which sounded like a jet. FAA advised there were no jet aircraft in the vicinity. Malmstrom search and height finder radars carried the object between 9500 ft. and 15,000 ft. at a speed of seven knots. Personnel reported the object as low as 200 ft. and said that as the interceptors approached the lights went out, after the interceptors had passed the lights came on again. Minot AFB on 10 Nov reported that the site was buzzed by a bright object the size of a car at an altitude of 1,000 to 2,000 ft. There was no noise emitted by the vehicle.”

(Nick Redfern) Beware of the Black Helicopters

An officer whose has been erased from the available files said in an official memorandum: “Be assured that this command is doing everything possible to identify and provide solid factual information on these sightings. I have also expressed my concern to SAFOI that we come up soonest with a proposed answer to queries from the press to prevent over reaction by the public to reports by the media that may be blown out of proportion. To date efforts by Air Guard helicopters, SAC helicopters and NORAD F106s have failed to produce positive ID.” Things got even more intriguing when some of the military facilities whose staff reported UFO incidents quickly had something else to deal with: unmarked helicopters flying the skies by night and checking out the very locations where the UFOs were seen, only a few nights earlier. This is demonstrated perfectly in an official Air Force report headed “Defense Against Helicopter Assault.” It states: “The past two evenings at one of our northern tier bases, an unidentified helicopter has been observed hovering over and in the near vicinity of the weapons storage area. Attempts to identify this aircraft have so far met with negative results.”

A near-identical story is told in yet another Air Force document, this one captioned “Unidentified Helicopter Sighted at Low Level Over Loring AFB.” The file is lengthy, but a couple of particular extracts will make the point: “On 28 Oct 75, Lewis…advised that the a/c [aircraft] was first observed by Clifton W. Blakeslee, Sgt. [deleted] and William J. Long, Sgt., both assigned to the 42 SPS, who were on duty at the storage area. The initial sighting took place at approximately 1345. The a/c was observed approximately 1,000 meters north of LAFB. The a/c was subsequently observed by Lewis and others intermittently for the next hour and a half. Subsequent to the sighting by Long and Blakeslee, the a/c did not come nearer to the northern perimeter of LAFB than approximately 3 miles. Lewis observed a flashing white strobe light and red navigation lights on the a/c. The operator of the a/c either turned the lights off periodically or the a/c flew below a point from which the lights could be observed. The a/c disappeared from view and did not reappear. A search of the vicinity of the northern perimeter of LAFB by 42 SPS personnel met with negative results.”

(Nick Redfern) A secret surveillance program to monitor alien abductees?

The mysterious matter unfolded even further: “On 28 Oct 75, Commander, 42 8W, advised that he responded to the area from which the unidentified a/c was observed. He arrived at approximately 1955. The a/c bore a white flashing light and an amber or orange light. The speed and movement in the air suggested that the a/c was a helicopter [italics mine]. From 1345-2020, the a/c was under constant observation. Subsequent to that time the a/c would appear and disappear from view. The a/c definitely penetrated the LAFB northern perimeter and on one occasion was within 300 yards of the munitions storage area perimeter [emphasis mine]. Efforts to identify the a/c through Maine State Police and local police departments were not successful.” On November 7, 1975, Malmstrom Air Force Base was experiencing strange aerial activity in the morning hours: “Received a call from the 341st Strategic Air Command Post, saying that the following missile locations reported seeing a large red to orange to yellow object: M-1, L-3, LIMA and L-6. The general object location would be 10 miles south of Moore, Montana and 20 miles east of Buffalo, Montana.” Then, shortly after 1:00 p.m., the following was logged: “SAC advised K-1 says very bright object to their east is now southeast of them and they are looking at it with 10 x 50 binoculars. Object seems to have lights (several) on it, but no distinct pattern. The orange/gold object overhead also has small lights on it. SAC also advises female civilian reports having seen an object bearing south from her position six miles west of Lewsitown.”

The North American Air Defense Command – NORAD – was hit too by the wave of mysterious intrusions. Its staff reporting that: “This morning, 11 Nov 75, CFS Falconbridge reported search and height finder radar paints on an object up to 30 nautical miles south of the site ranging in altitude from 26,000 to 72,000 feet. The site commander and other personnel say the object appeared as a bright star but much closer. With binoculars the object appeared as a 100 ft. diameter sphere and appeared to have craters around the outside.” The above material is just the tip of the iceberg. Hundreds of pages of formerly classified files on the UFO-helicopter wave of 1975 is now in the public domain. When studied carefully it makes a very strong case that when UFOs intruded upon sensitive military installations, the black helicopters were never far behind. It should be noted, too, that this particular period – of November 1975 – was the same time-frame in which one of the most famous of all alien abductions on record occurred. The victim was a man named Travis Walton, a logger kidnapped by alien beings from Arizona’s Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest on November 5. Walton was gone for five days, during which he was subjected to the typically intrusive experiments that are the typical calling cards of the Greys. Now, we’ll see how the crews of the black helicopters have – in the last couple of decades – increased their surveillance of alien abductees.

Betty Andreasson is a well-known alien abductee and someone whose incredible encounters with extraterrestrial creatures – which began in 1967 – have been chronicled in numerous books by UFO investigator Raymond Fowler. Those books include The Andreasson Affair, The Andreasson Affair – Phase Two, and The Andreasson Legacy. That Andreasson has been the subject of a number of books makes it not at all surprising that there should be a government file on her. This possibility is made all the more likely by the fact that she and her husband, Bob Luca, have had more than a few run-ins with the black helicopters. UFO researchers Barry Greenwood and Lawrence Fawcett took a particular interest in the helicopter encounters that Betty and Bob reported. They said that husband and wife “…reported that their home was over flown numerous times by black, unmarked helicopters of the Huey UH-1H type and that these helicopters would fly over their homes at altitudes as low as 100 feet. The Luca’s described these helicopters as being black in color, with no identifiable marking on them. They noticed that the windows were tinted black also, so that no one could see inside. During many of the over flights, Bob was able to take close to 200 photos of the helicopters.”

Raymond Fowler, who faithfully chronicled the saga of Betty and Bob, revealed something intriguing on this matter, too: “Bob Luca became obsessed with tracking down the strange helicopters that harassed them at home and on the road. But to date, Bob has been able to identify only one of the helicopters involved in the overflights. He tracked it back to Sikorsky Aircraft. The control tower told him that it was probably a ‘Navy Blackhawk aircraft flown by a military acceptance crew.’ Bob fired back a letter to Sikorsky and complained not only about their contradictory identification but also that the aircraft had no identification markings and flew dangerously low over his house.” It was, then, a case of passing the buck for national security-based reasons. There are other examples of the secret surveillance which Bob and Betty have had to endure. In 1988, Bob was quoted as follows in the Connecticut Magazine: “I have no doubt that our phone was tapped. I bought a device that is supposed to detect a tap, and it lit up for our phone but not for one of the others I tested it on.”

(Nick Redfern) Spying from the skies

Betty too had a strange experience along these same lines: “Once I picked [the phone] up to make an outgoing call and a voice on the other end said ‘director’s office.’ I asked ‘director of what?’ and the person got all excited and said, ‘Oh, I’m sorry,’ and hung up.” Alien abductee Debbie Jordan has experienced very much the same. She says of the unmarked helicopters she has encountered: “These could be seen almost daily around our houses. They are so obvious about their flights it’s almost comical. On occasions too numerous to even remember, they have hovered around my house, above my house, and above me for several minutes at a time, not trying to hide themselves or the fact that they are watching us. Even when I am outside and obviously watching back, it doesn’t seem to bother them. They just sit there in midair, about sixty to ninety feet above the ground, whirling and watching. They are completely without identification and are always low enough so that I could easily see the pilot, if the windshield were clear glass. But the windshield is smoky black, with a finish that makes it impossible to see who’s inside.”

And, that’s just the start of things. Cases like the ones above can be found all over the place, suggesting a widespread, secret program to make careful watch of alien abductees.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *