Ret. US Colonel Claimed Two Airmen Might Have Been Abducted By Aliens In Rendlesham Forest incident
When we look into the history of UFO sightings, the Rendlesham Forest incident is undoubtedly one of the strangest UFO cases in the history of ufology. In December 1980, Lt. Col. Charles Halt, a deputy commander of the US Air Force Base, received the news of strange sightings near twin NATO airbases of RAF Woodbridge and RAF Bentwaters.
Airman First Class John Burroughs reported a UFO sighting that took place in the early morning of December 26, 1980. It included vague descriptions, ranging from unusual supernatural light, glittering triangular spaceships, and scorched footprints on the ground.
The Rendlesham Forest UFO incident led to a large number of direct observations, audio recordings, numerous reports and continuous testimony. And that, in turn, has created a popular phenomenon that continues to bring UFO enthusiasts back to this woodland for new experiences. But taking into account so many angles and perspectives of this s tory, it has not yet been possible to understand what exactly happened.
This series of events occurred between December 26, 1980, and December 28, 1980. A mysterious flying object flew at such an incredible speed that violated the laws of physics. Moreover, despite the very high speed, the alien spacecraft did not make any noise.
Later, round-shaped prints were found on the ground clearly from a heavy object, which were at a distance of about 3 meters from each other. Burns were also seen near these grooves on the ground.
When soldiers were sent on December 28 for a more thorough study of the area, they noted the excess of radiation. And at this time, a UFO reappeared, it flew by with incredible speed, illuminating everything around with bright red lights. The light emanating from the ship was so strong that the sensors of the night sights burned out, and the lights continued to hover and shine over the forest and field for some time.
The incident has two main victims: Staff Sgt Jim Penniston and Airman John Burroughs, who claimed to had witnessed the landing of a triangular-shaped UFO in the forest.
Penniston said that he had been so close to the craft that he managed to touch it. He described the touch as “smooth,” and there were ancient hieroglyphs signs on the craft that looked similar to ancient Egyptian letters. Interestingly, video footage was published in 2018 by British tabloid newspaper, The Sun, where Retired Lt. Colonel Charles Halt can be heard saying that John Burroughs “may have been abducted” and that the men were “unaccounted” for hours.
The video was reportedly captured in 2010, when Halt and retired British police detective Gary Heseltine revisited Rendlesham Forest for a documentary that was never made. The footage was recorded by Heseltine’s wife, when the two were talking about the UFO incident during a break.
Halt said: “He [Burroughs] may have been abducted, who knows… You know, there is LOST TIME, we know that? They were not on the radio … You’ve got men out in the forest that you can’t …. unnaccounted for hours.”
Even though the USAF had always denied any UFO landing in the Rendelsem forest, Burroughs shared the shocking news about his health. He said that he had been subjected to a high amount of radiation during the investigations of the mysterious craft in the three consecutive nights of December 1980.
The US military classified Burrough’s medical records, so neither him nor his lawyer were able to get it. Even the USAF denied that he had been working with them during the time of the incident as claimed by Burrough. Somehow, they got a document from the British Ministry of Defence in which it was written that the site had a high level of radiation during the UFO incident.
Finally, after decades, the US Veterans Association and Department of Defence agreed to pay for his treatment. Besides, in the radiation document, the US military acknowledged the unexplained aerial phenomenon that occurred at the site and caused a physical injury to Burrough.